Update 4 : Version Absinthe 2.0.4 is now out, now with iPad 2,4 support, download away.
Update 3 : New Absinthe Version 2.0.3 is out, more fixes.
Update 2 : Version Absinthe 2.0.2 is now out, adds support for Apples recent 5.1.1 firmware update for the iPhone 4, so all versions of the 4 are now supported.
Update 1 : Version Absinthe 2.0.1 Out to address some issues, if you had any problems jailbreaking, give this version a try. Links updated in the top right corner.
Well the day has arrived!
The new Absinthe 5.1.1 Untethered jailbreak for the iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch has been released by the Dev Team.
The team introduced the new exploit at #HITB2012AMS today, after giving a full run down on what’s actually involved in the jailbreak process.
If you’re interested and would like to meet some of the jailbreak developers you can find them all at this years WWJC event in San Francisco, you also meet us there
So lets get down to the brass tax here. Any questions just ask below and i’ll do my best to sort you out.
The new Absinthe 2.0 jailbreak is both windows and mac compatible and supports the following :
- iPhone 3GS, 4, 4S
- iPad 1,2, & 3
- iPod Touch 3G, 4G
- iOS 5.1.1
- If you require a backup, just make sure you backup before you jailbreak, you will then be able to restore your backup after the jailbreak is complete, hence not losing any data
- DO NOT USE this jailbreak if you are currently on a tethered 5.1.1 jailbreak. If you are already jailbroken on 5.1.1 but tethered then goto cydia and install Rocky Racoon 5.1.1 to untether, that’s it
1. Download Absinthe from the top right corner of this page.
2. Extract the zip file
3. Now click the extracted exe file, this will create a new folder called absinthe-win-2.0 with Absinthe inside of it, click to get into that folder
4. Start the absinthe.exe file to start up Absinthe the Application
5. Make sure your device is plugged in and click jailbreak.
Wait till you see ‘Done’ like the picture below.
You are now Jailbroken and can now start downloading jailbreak apps, tweaks and themes