As we all know, this has been one hell of a month for the jailbreak community
We already have a how to jailbreak 5.1.1 using Redsn0w, and how to jailbreak 5.1.1 using PwnageTool, and now we have a how to jailbreak 5.1.1 using sn0wbreeze :0
The good thing with sn0w breeze is, that just like with Pwnagetool it allows you to upgrade your A4 iPhone to 5.1.1 while preserving your baseband at the same time. This will then allow you to use the newest updated version of ultrasn0w to unlock your iPhone on the current 5.1.1 firmware.
- First Download the 2.9.5 version of Sn0wbreeze from the top right corner of this page
- Put your device into DFU mode.
- Click ok, next, and then click browse and select the iOS 5.1.1 firmware for your device. Ensure that Sn0wbreeze is able to verify the device, and then click next.
- Click Simple Mode from your list of options, and Sn0wBreeze will build a custom firmware file and place it on your desktop when completed.
- Once the firmware is built, click ok, and the place your device back into DFU mode and click start. (This will place your device into PwnedDFU mode).
- Close Sn0wBreeze, open iTunes, and then hold the Shift key on your keyboard and click restore. Select the custom Sn0wBreeze firmware from your desktop, and let iTunes restore your device.
- Once restored, setup your device, and you should see the Cydia icon on page 2 of your Home screen(depending on how many apps you have on you iDevice).
- Start cydia and let it initialize the file system
- Once it’s rebooted you can now start cydia again and then search for ultrasn0w
- download the latest version updated today June 4th 2012 and install it
- You will again be asked to rebootYou are now jailbroken and unlocked
Once again, Big thanks to ih8Sn0w for all his hard work!!