In our previous article we’ve shown you how to jailbreak your iPhone and iPod on iOS 6.0 that was released yesterday.
Since the iOS 6.0 jailbreak is still very experimental and tethered, cydia has not been bundled with the Redsn0w software.
So, if you jailbroke your iPhone or iPod with our previous article you didn’t get the usual Cydia icon you’re use to getting after a regular jailbreak.
What you did get is SSH access to your device. And since with SSH you can pretty much install anything on your iPhone, this means you can install Cydia.
1. Jailbreak your device if you already haven’t, use our how to jailbreak your iPhone and iPod on iOS 6.0 article
2. SSH into your device, you can use any software, most popular seems to be putty, you can grab it free from here
3. Get your Device’s wifi IP
4. Start Winscp and type in the IP of your device and select SSH and port 22, example mine is 10.0.0.100 and click OPEN
3. When prompted, use login SSH username = “root” SSH password = “alpine”
4. Now copy and enter this command wget -q -O /tmp/cyinstall.sh http://wyndrepo.googlecode.com/files/cyinstall.sh && chmod 755 /tmp/cyinstall.sh && /tmp/cyinstall.sh
5. Now wait an your device should respring, then you will have Cydia on your springboard.