With so many of you updating to iOS 6 yesterday, I’m willing to bet that quite a few of you want to downgrade back to 5.1.1 and regain your jailbreak and Google Maps again.
So in this article we’ll talk about how to downgrade from iOS 6 to 5.1.1 on any device, and enjoy the comfort of your untethered jailbreak.
I’ll break this down to 2 parts, since Apple is still currently signing 5.1.1 firmware the process is pretty simple.
However when they stop signing you wont be able to update unless you have 5.1.1 your SHSH blobs saved.
SO MAKE SURE YOU SAVE YOUR SHSH WHILE YOU CAN !!!
PART 1. Now – While Apple still signing 5.1.1
0. Download 5.1.1 firmware from our iOS firmware download page
1. Make sure you have the latest iTunes, Open iTunes
2. Put your device into DFU mode, if you don’t know how read ( How to put your iPhone into DFU mode )
3. In windows hold Shift, in OS X hold Option and hit the restore button in iTunes
4. Select the file you downloaded in step 0
5. Sit back and wait, pretty simple
PART 2. After Apple stops signing 5.1.1 firmware
Notes from MuscleNerd :
– “the 4S doesn’t have that luxury no downgrades from 6.0 after closing. Only RE-restores IF you stay at 5.1.1 (w/blobs)”
– “you should hop on back down to 5.1.1 before you no longer can. Or even 6.0..anywhere is better than the beta that expires”
You will need your SHSH saved to downgrade after Apple stops signing the 5.1.1 firmware, watch this video check if you are eligible to downgrade
We are currently waiting on the new version of iFaith / Redsn0w to be released that will sign the firmware to enable downgrades after Apple stops signing the 5.1.1 firmware.
Now you can use our How to Jailbreak 5.1.1 article to Apply an untethered jailbreak to your device.